Saturday, January 12, 2013

Unique Art Awards for Kids!

If you have a child artist or are an artist yourself, you know how special handmade items are. Today, I'm going to share my labor of love for my co-op kids with you.


© Principled Academy 2013
(click photo to enlarge)

At the end of each school year, my husband and I look at individual works of art by each child from special categories (i.e. Master Artist, Artist Studies, Art History Studies, etc.). These pieces are the inspiration behind the awards I hand make them.

©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)
Art History- Pillars
Inspired by my student's artistic interpretation.


As an artist, I know and appreciate all of the creativity and work that goes into creating artwork.


That's why I want to be sure to give the kids an award as unique as they are. I prayed about what I could create for my co-op kids and Paintbrush Awards were my answer!

©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)  
From our Hundertwasser Artist Study
Inspired by each child's artistic interpretation.

©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)
From our Mosaic Mesopotamian Art History Study
Inspired by each child's color scheme/interpretation.

©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)
From our Rome Illuminations Study
Inspired by each child's original work.
©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)
More from our Greek Art History Study on Pillars.
Inspired by each child's original work.



©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)
From our Egyptian Art History Study (Pyramids and Rulers)
Inspired by each child's original work.

©Principled Academy 2013 (click photo to enlarge)
From our Charlie Harper Artist Study
Inspired by each child's original work.


This year, I have double the pleasure, double the fun since we have two co-ops! I really do enjoy creating these awards for the kids! And it's especially rewarding to see the joy on their faces when they see how unique their awards are and that they reflect their best work/ideas. Even though I still have half of the school year remaining, I am looking so forward to creating Paintbrush Awards for this year!


*If you share this Unique Paintbrush Artist Award idea, please be sure to link back to my website and give credit where credit is due. Thank you!

Blessings!


Copyright 2013 of Principled Academy
 The duplication of articles, photos, or blog entries without the express permission of the owner are strictly prohibited.

3 comments:

  1. Our children love their paint brush awards, Heather. We have them displayed in our school room which is a constant reminder of all we learn and the fun we have. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! :) That means a lot to me that they mean so much to you guys!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, by the way, it is Beth..didn't know how to publish! :)

    ReplyDelete