Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Holy Land- Bible W9, Q1

I am very excited about how the timing has worked out for us to learn about the Holy Land while using two different curricula. This is my first double-purpose post where I am blogging about both The Noah Plan and Creation to the Greeks lessons in our homeschool.

Note: I am still using the Noah Plan because I love it! However, since there aren't any families using the Noah Plan (that I know of) in our area, I wanted to use My Father's World as well so I'd have something in common with other families in our area. That being said, I am still using the Bible Principles to build upon our lessons in the My Father's World curriculum.

So... I covered the Bible Principle and Leading Idea with all of my children (because this is something for all ages to learn). When teaching the Noah Plan lesson (using a simple map of the Holy Land), my older kids reviewed it. Then my younger one colored and listened as I expanded on this lesson with my older kids using the lesson from Creation to the Greeks (which consists of a more detailed map of the Holy Land). 

© Principled Academy
© Principled Academy
 This works so well as the Creation to the Greeks lesson ends up building upon what my older ones have already learned via The Noah Plan (Isa 2810: (KJV) For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little....) And that right there is part of what the Principle Approach method is about!

You can download your free Noah Plan notebooking pages... this one has a traceable title and this one does not. You can go here to download and print out a copy simple map of the Holy Land for an answer key.

I also created a notebooking page for the Creation to the Greeks week 3 lesson which is combined with the Noah Plan lesson. You can download it for free here.


I like that my kids are mapping about the Holy Land because it helps to make the history in the Bible a reality (these events actually happened in these places to these people).

How has this post helped you? Please leave a comment letting us know.

Blessings!




1 comment:

  1. there are no words! Youre blog is awesome, beyond helpful! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete