Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I have only two.

To shama.
To do.
Shama is the Hebrew word meaning to hear.
Source
 
I like to plan, but do you know that my plans most often times don't go exactly how I'd like them to? Can you relate? 

You wanna know a lesson I have learned? 
"Do not boast about tomorrow,For you do not know what a day may bring forth." ~ Proverbs 27:1 NKJV
"My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts." ~ Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJV

God's ways are not like mine; they are higher. He wants me to shama (that's the Hebrew word meaning to hear) His Word and to obey. Therefore, my only resolutions are to continue to shama and do. I want to shama what the Lord has planned for me because He loves me and knows what is best for me and it will cause me to spiritually mature. I want His will to be mine. My own plans can cause me to miss out on important lessons God has for me.


These are ways I have been learning this year about how God wants me to shama:


  • To learn the depth of the Hebrew alphabet. I am persuaded that the Hebrew language is His love language! Just like how Jesus (Yeshua) taught parables with word pictures, the Hebrew alphabet paints pictures which makes Scripture so clear. The more I learn, the more God wins my heart over and over.


  • To read all of His Word with the understanding of how the Old Testament and the New Testament belong together. They are combined in one book for a reason! 


"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," -2 Timothy 3:16


My husband and I have been blessed by the HaYesod study by First Fruits of Zion. I absolutely recommend this course! You can read this excellent review about it at Following the Ancient Paths.

What about you? Will you begin to explore and learn about the Hebrew Roots of our Christian faith in order learn Scripture on a deeper level? I'd like to encourage and challenge you to step out of the denominational box and dive in to learn the depths of God's Holy Word that perhaps you never have before. 




Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment