Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Beatrix Potter- The Noah Plan Quarter Two, Week Seven

The Noah Plan- Literature
Quarter Two, Week 7, 8, 9

{Download your free notebook pages at the end of this post!}

Since the next three weeks cover Peter Rabbit and Friends, I'm only going to do one post on it. There are some free notebook pages to carry you through all three weeks. :)

I always love this study! Beatrix Potter is one of my favorite authors/artists. The creative way she drew the charming characters draws children in and causes them to imagine wonderful little things about nature as well. Children also learn quite a bit about society during Beatrix Potter's lifetime: vocabulary, clothing, manners, and life lessons.

When I taught our older children about her, we had a lot of fun with our author scrapbook project (they helped choose illustrations to go in it).This year I wanted to do something different. Instead of doing a separate Beatrix Potter Day Celebration, we are turning this lesson into a celebration. We'll sip some tea, read and discuss stories, and I have an extra special project in mind that I think my kids will love! I intend on sharing about it very soon with all of you :) 


© Principled Academy 2013

I also have her books specially displayed. This is a favorite little corner for the kids to go to because they, too, enjoy her tales so much.




If you would like Bible Principle literature guides for some of  the Peter Rabbit and Friends stories, they can be purchased at this post for only $5.00!

Did you know there is a Peter Rabbit and Friends: The Royal Ballet Film?!! I just came across it! Here are the clips in case you'd like to enjoy them in your study, too! :)


Part 1/4
 



Part 2/4





Part 3/4




Part 4/4





Blessings!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment