Sunday, March 23, 2014

Authoress Interview: Dawnita Fogleman authoress of Star Chronicles

Good day to you all! I'd like to introduce you to Dawnita Fogleman, authoress of Star Chronicles. She's an amazing woman who has given her life to the Lord and it's wonderful to see how He is using her for His Glory! You'll be moved as you read her testimony in the opening of Star Chronicles. I'm excited to be on her book launch team for Star Chronicles- a Bible Based Study of the Stars.

Yahweh placed them in the skies for reasons beyond just providing light and being twinkly prettiness in a stark sky above our heads. And not only have they aided ships in navigation for centuries, they have prophetic stories that unfold in the sky (the wise men were watching the story unfold as it lead up to our Saviors birth!). They truly do declare the glory of Yahweh!

Won't you take a moment to get to know Dawnita a bit through this interview? You can also find her blogging at dawnitafogleman.com

 



Author Interview


When writing a book, how do you go about planning for it? Do you have a method you use? 
I probably use them all.  I'm a nutty writer.  Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night and just write and write pages and pages.  Sometimes I make methodical outlines and lists.  Once I started putting this book together, I found myself going back and forth and doing a lot more research during the actual process than what I had done before in preparation. 

Do you have a certain writing space, somewhere you go *just* to write your books? An office, a lake cabin, a hotel? What do you love about that space? How does it inspire you?
Everywhere!  Sometimes I spread out all over the floor.  This book was mostly done at the kitchen table.  I took up almost 1/2 the 8 foot table for about 6 weeks!  Inspiring?  Not really, just handy. Anyone want to donate a log cabin?  Sounds great!

What would you say to a young person who aspires to be a writer? What advice would you give?  Also, what would you tell his/her parents in order to help them be supportive in their child's efforts to pursue writing as a career?
Write, write, write, write.  ...and read, read, read.  With relunctant writers, I encourage them to tell me the stories of their imagination or to audio record them.  We have one child who writes novels. When she told me as a preteen that she wanted to be a writer, I just encouraged her to write.  The nearest thing to a formal English program we ever did was Wordsmith Apprentice and Learn to Write a Novel Way.  I constantly encourage creativity in our children.  They get very, very little time on the computer until they are about 16 years old.  I'd rather them read, write, draw, & play outside!

What is your goal with writing?
Simple; to Glorify God.

What other projects will you be working on in the near future?
More unit studies. I'd like to do something with Shakespeare, Art, and of course more on the Stars. There is enough of God's Universe to keep me busy for a long time.

What is one lesson you learned from writing this book?
By the time you finish the last page of a book, you are sick and tired of it and ready to hand it over to the editor!  This was almost like having a baby!  I was ready to give birth and lay it down for a nap for a while, then just admire it from over the cradle!  LOL  (Pregnancy always seemed like the longest 9 months of my life.)

What books have most influenced you?
The Bible and the classics.  I LOVE OLD books!

Who is your favorite author?
Louisa May Alcott & Corrie ten Boom.
  
Is there an author that you would especially like to meet?
Alive today?  Rush Limbaugh.  From history?  Moses or Paul of the Bible.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging about writing a book?
Yes!  The overwhelming desire to eat too much chocolate, drink too much coffee, and stay up all night long.

What inspired you to write this book?
Questions like this put me in a state of, "uhhhhhhh." Everything.  I've always loved the stars and science, but I guess the real motivational factor was friends really pushing me to do it.  I needed to be hounded. 

Did you always have a talent for writing, or is it something you wanted and needed to work harder to achieve?
I didn't really read or write until I was about 12 years old.  My grandmother was tired of trying to decipher my scribbles and spent a summer teaching handwriting & encouraging me to read more. She sent me novels & I wanted so much to please her that I read whatever she sent me.  Within a few years, my mother had to start grounding me from books!  I was addicted.  I began writing for school essay contests and keeping a journal.  Now I have to write, it's just part of me.

With all of the duties that you juggle, when do you fit in the time to write?
Well, honestly, I neglect other things. I only fold laundry and make a mad cleaning dash through the house once a week. The children are old enough now that they do most of the cooking & cleaning. I also make the children part of my writing. What I write about is usually what we are learning as a family. This book is a classic example of that.

Is your writing style different now than it was when you first began? In what ways have you grown in your writing?
Wow. Yes. I am much more careful what I write now.  My thoughts are less confused and jumbled; I have more purpose. God has done amazing things in my life. It definitely comes out in my writing. I write more for Him now than for myself.

Is there anything else that you would like readers to know?
All closets have bones. All lives have a past. Let God play the tones. And the music of your life will last.  (Is that corny? LOL)

Where did you find the information linking the Sphyinx to Prophecy and Astronomy? 
Great Question! A few places actually. I have "put together" information from several sources I list in the back of the book. Many people might consider this speculation; part of the reason that introduction is so short. It's an interesting study. Internet searches can lead to a miriad of rabbit trails. The lining up of the Sphinx at Gaza with the pyramids has lead many to believe it was an astrological setting. The fact that the Virgin is at the begining and Leo the lion is at the end (literally on the Sphinx) also point in this direction. We know the Virgin and the Lion are prime points of Biblical Prophecy.  Rather than believing the "aliens" did it, I choose to imagine the Great Flood generations had a real purpose.  :-)


Be sure to keep an eye out for the review!



Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment