Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Word Study Wednesday- Define Laugh!

Have you had at least one laugh today? Today has been a busy, whirlwind type of morning (mixed with happy events and some disappointments) for me and I realized I haven't laughed yet!

Free from: http://www.backgroundsfreedesktop.com/smile-clipart-backgrounds.html

laugh!

Webster's 1828 Dictionary:
LAUGH, v.i. l'aff. [Heb.]

1. To make the noise and exhibit the features which are characteristic of mirth in the human species. Violent laughter is accompanied with a shaking of the sides, and all laughter expels breath from the lungs.
2. In poetry, to be gay; to appear gay, cheerful, pleasant, lively or brilliant.


What does the Bible have to say about it?

Recognizing what God has done brings us joy and laughter!
Psalm 126:2
Psalm 32:11

A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance:
There is a time for it:
Ecclesiastes 3:4

Sometimes... laughter isn't joyful...
Genesis 21:6
Psalm 2:4

Personal Application:

As I keep my focus on the Lord, what He has done and His promises... I will experience fullness of joy... which may lead to laughter! God is Awesome! He does so much for me to lovingly correct me, guide me, provide for me, love me, protect me, and give me eternal life through Jesus Christ!
 
Some laughter, as we all have likely experienced, isn't kind or joyful. It's important to me to keep that in mind so others are not hurt. How can that kind of laughter improve upon relationships and show brotherly love? Instead, a merry heart is light and allows room for joyful laughter and it is something that can be contagious! 

Tonight is our family joke night. This is something we enjoy very much together and I am looking forward to it! 

What has brought you joyful laughter today? What is something special you do to help nurture it in yourself and your family? I'd love to hear your ideas!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment