Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It Arrived! Lady Jane Grey

I was hoping to receive this book in the mail much sooner but how fitting for a book about a Reformer to arrive on Reformation Day!

© Principled Academy
This book is beautiful and a rich resource! It's perfect for our family library! Let me share some of it with you...




These illustrations are gorgeous and engaging!


The book contains some photos of historical sites where events occurred.


It also contains a photo of a page of Lady Jane's prayer book.

I think that one of the things I admire most about this book by Simonetta Carr is the simplicity with which she explains about Lady Jane's life. It is very informational but all of our children were engaged with the language and illustrations.

The most cherished information, in my opinion, is how she lived out the last days of her life. One example of how she did this was by writing an endearing letter to her younger sister- encouraging her in her Christian faith...

I think that I will invest some of my time this evening to write a letter to each of my children, encouraging them in their Christian faith....

Happy Reformation Day!
 

Copyright 2012 of Principled Academy.

The duplication of articles, photos, or blog entries without the express permission of the owner are strictly prohibited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment