Monday, January 14, 2013

Obedience and Blessings- Noah Plan K

The Noah Plan Kindergarten
Quarter 2, W 3


{Get your free notebook pages for this lesson at the end of this post!}

So, we have slowly been getting back into the swing of things. How about your family? I am a week behind on our posts for where we are at in our lessons, but I hope these notebooking pages are on time for where you are at.

The memory verse for this week is, "Blessed are they that do his commandments...." Revelation 22:14

©Principled Academy
Notebook coloring page my Kindergartner colored in. :)
   
Wow! Well, after reading the Scriptures about Noah and discussing the detailed points in the lesson, we also discussed about how we aren't saved by doing the things Christ commands (because we cannot earn our way) but that....
"If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15
"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." 1 John 2:3-6
"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.: 1 John 5:2-4
©Principled Academy
Illustration by my 1st grader.
  
And when we do this out of love for Him and obedience, we will have blessings. And so this brought up questions like:

  • What are commandments?
  • Is it only the Ten Commandments?
  • Where do we find His commandments?
  • What does it mean to keep them? 
  • What does it mean to walk just as He walked? 
  • What is a blessing?
  • What may blessings *look* like? 
©Principled Academy
Illustration by my 3rd grader.
I'm spring boarding off of the Kindergarten Noah Plan lesson and going deeper with my older ones. My First and Third graders are doing word studies and research with me so we can answer the above questions we came up with. This is the line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little concept from Scripture.

“Whom will he teach knowledge?
And whom will he make to understand the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just drawn from the breasts?
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept,
Line upon line, line upon line,
Here a little, there a little.” -Isaiah 28: 9-10

Do you love this method of teaching and learning as much as I do? Even when I know some of the answers, I still walk my children through the steps of how to research, reason, relate and record (known as the 4 R's) so they will eventually apply these steps on their own throughout their lives. Sometimes, I don't know the answers to the questions they have asked and it causes me to want to know the answer... so I'll apply the 4R method. Or else I will end up with questions of my own and want to 4R. So much learning takes place for all of us!


 

Blessings!

Copyright 2013 of Principled Academy
 The duplication of articles, photos, or blog entries without the express permission of the owner are strictly prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment