Monday, February 4, 2013

Longfellow and Watts- The Noah Plan Literature Quarter 2, Week 5

The Noah Plan- Literature
Quarter 2, Week 5

{Get your free notebook pages at the end of this post!}

I absolutely love rich and meaningful poetry. Much may be learned from the insight of poets. They go beyond applying the mechanics of poetry; they have a way of expressing thoughts and emotions in ways which others cannot. 

©Principled Academy
Click photo to enlarge.


I found this fun and interesting animation of The Day is Done by Henry Wadesworth Longfellow. We watched it and I think it'll help my children to better remember the poet with the poem. :)



 

Here is a reading of Paul Revere's Ride by Henry Wadesworth Longfellow.



 

We admired The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere by Grant Wood while listening to the poem.


I chose one poem from Longfellow and one poem by Watts for the notebook sheets. I thought the words from each to stir the imaginations for the kids to draw

We listened to the reading of Cradle Hymn by Isaac Watts.

 

The notebook pages I have to offer for this study each have one poem by Longfellow and Watts. I chose these certain ones because I thought they would easily give visual imagery in the kids' imaginations for drawing. I hope you like them! :)



Blessings!


Copyright 2013 of Principled Academy
 The duplication of articles, photos, or blog entries without the express permission of the owner are strictly prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment