Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love #wordstudywednesday


Word Art ©Principled Academy 2013
Background image is public domain.

What does the Bible have to say about love? Here are some verses that stand out to me at this time:   

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. " Galatians 2:20 

"If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15   

"Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37   

"Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;" Deuteronomy 7:9    

"23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." 1 John 3:23-24
 
Personal Application...

I am saved by grace through Faith in Jesus Christ (Yeshua). Because I love Him, I want to keep His commandments. If I am loving God with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind I will seek out His desires and His ways according to what the Scriptures teach vs. according to traditions of men. I will place them above the wants of my flesh- no matter how I may try to justify those wants. It is my personal responsibility to learn what His commandments are and my personal choice to keep them.

Jesus Christ (Yeshua) kept the commandments. The word commandments is plural. I'm on a personal journey to learn what the commandments are and to keep them...


... because this is the picturesque representation of love...


Blessings!


Copyright 2013 of Principled Academy
 The duplication of articles, photos, or blog entries without the express permission of the owner are strictly prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment