Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Word Study Wednesday

It's Word Study Wednesday and what better day to introduce my *word*? 

Last year was my first year choosing a word {action verb} to focus on and I chose the Hebrew word shama. It means to hear and do. And for our school year I chose the word revere; our primary focus has been to learn what it means to revere God and to put it into practice according to how He tells us He wants us revere Him.



And this is my word...





As odd as it may sound, my word for this year is a noun. But you see, it is a noun full of meaning and one which I intend to put into action.

2. The letter or letters, written or printed, which represent a sound or combination of sounds.

Letters go way back in history. Naturally, letters from Paul are contained within the cannons of Scripture. Letters are one of the forms of literature found in the Bible.

I have fallen terribly behind on my correspondence via traditional means of writing letters and sending them in the mail. This is something I need to pick up again; we have family and friends which love to keep in touch this way, too.

And... perhaps I'll have some works printed this year. I have ideas and story lines but it's another thing getting them down and illustrated. We'll see!



4. Talk;

It's simply wonderful to sit and talk with family and friends. Conversations while sipping warm tea. Discussions after a satisfying meal of soup. Chatting by a cozy fireside. Maybe even catching up with each other over a good board game. Or popping in to say a brief hello and drop off dinner.

7. Promise.

Goals that I make for myself... are promises. I need to make sure I keep those for myself and not just my word that I give to others.

8. Signal; order; command.

Learning what God's {Yahweh's} commands are has become increasingly important to me. I love Him. He has won my heart. What does He want from me? Obedience. How can I know what He wants me to obey if I do not learn all He commands? Lovingly, He instructs us throughout Scripture in His ways. This is not for salvation... but because of it. We are told in Scripture that "if ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15. 




9. Account; tidings; message.

A kind word in person, a letter in the mail, a little note in passing... messages of good tidings to people be they friend or stranger are ways to bless others. Everyone needs affirmation.


12. The Scripture; divine revelation, or any part of it. This is called the word of God.

I am going to continually be active in being a Bible scholar... to continue to take ownership of my own Biblical education. It is amazing to learn how the Old Testament and the New Testament agree... how indeed it is true that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16. It's exciting!!

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine." 2 Timothy 4:2 
  

13. Christ. John 1:1.

I love learning more about my Savior. What can I learn from His example of how to live out Yahweh's laws? I am thankful to be able to learn Who He is and draw closer to Him.

14. A motto; a short sentence; a proverb.


Let us not love in word only, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18. What a lovely call to action which our Lord gives us!! 




Please be sure to check out my friend Anna-Marie's word for the new year over at PrincipledMom.com! I think you'll enjoy her blog and that she'd appreciate you stopping by.



Blessings to You!

Visit A Cherished Keeper for more Word Study Wednesday goodness!

{Click the image to visit A Cherished Keeper!}

P.S.

So what is your word for this new year? Won't you leave a comment below sharing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment