Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Change... Word Study Wednesday


CHANGE, verb transitive
 2. To put one thing in the place of another; to shift; 
 to change the countenance; to change the heart or life.
~Webster's 1828 Dictionary


to change the heart...

Principle Approach, Webster's 1828 Dictionary, Change, Bible Principles


This does not come naturally to people. By our very nature, we are rebellious to Yahweh. We may sometimes hear, but on what kind of ground will His words fall? We need to hear and do- in Hebrew this is called shama.


I am thankful Yahweh gives me the ability to change. I embrace it because I have received His gift of salvation.There are things I need to let change and how would I know what they are but for the whole of the Bible instructing me?


I desire to change to be more like my Savior, Yeshua the Messiah. I want to not only hear His sayings... I want to do them, too.



 ...or life.

Principle Approach, Webster's 1828 Dictionary, Change, Bible Principles
{Original photo courtesy of Public Domain}


He knows the plans He has for me. As I walk with Him, I continually learn that He is in control and to trust Him. 

What does He want from me? He wants me to change... to be transformed. He simply wants me to trust and obey... to choose this day Whom I will serve. Can I serve Him if I am not walking according to the examples Yeshua set for me? Do I even know what those examples are? I know that it takes me changing to walk in His ways... am I willing to make the changes?


 



There is one constant and one constant only. 


The One True God of the Bible.




Principle Approach, Webster's 1828 Dictionary, Change, Bible Principles



I am thankful that He is constant and stable. Unaltered. I can trust His instructions for me all throughout Scripture; there is no question of what is applicable and what isn't.



"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16



In the Hebrew He is the Aleph and the Tav. In the Greek He is the Alpha and Omega. 



This is how He has always been... and how He will always be.



Are you, too, being transformed by the renewing of your mind?
Are you being changed?




It's truly wonderful... 





Blessings!


 Visit A Cherished Keeper for more Word Study Wednesday goodness:

{click the image}

No comments:

Post a Comment